Thursday, November 12, 2009

Time to Go Bowling in Bowling Green

While this whole Doc fiasco blows up all over the web, we still have hockey to play. Which, when you think about it, could wind up being detrimental to our team for those players and coaches that pushed through ground zero who may have lost some focus to this crap.

Luckily for us, we are playing a win-less team. Granted, its in their barn, but still they got their butts handed to them by Ferris State, 1-5 and 2-3. I have a lot of respect though for Bowling Green's newly hired head coach Dennis Williams. Coming in to a crippled program where it wasn't even certain that hockey was going to exist this year. Granted, he hasn't gotten his first win yet, and let's hope he doesn't this weekend, but he's got a strong will in a place where morale is probably pretty low. There are only 58 teams in Division 1 hockey, since we don't have that many to lose, just having one drop off is pretty major.

What scares me about BG is the 3 goals they put up on John Faulkner at Nebraska-Omaha two weeks ago in a tying effort. Maybe it was their 9 power play chances. But they only got 20 shots on goal, and 3 went in. A bunch of controversy went down after BGSU used an ineligible player in the shootout to get them the win. The league office said the officials should have caught it, and since they didn't, it stands. That's OK. I think UNO gets too much credit anyway, as I've said before.

The Falcons don't have any major offensive weapons that our defense can't shut down. I think Scott Greenham is going to be the best goalie the Falcons will face this year, and I don't vision their players getting any big points this weekend.

BG starting goalie Andrew Hammond, is to say the least, not Scott Greenham. Hammond boasts an .896 save percentage with 3.8247 goals against average. I'd like to see at least 3 goals each night from our offense against the Falcons, favorably more. There should be no reason to leave Ohio this weekend with less than 6 points.

Friday     4-0 W
Saturday 3-1 W



So, if you haven't noticed, I've adjusted the blog theme a bit, and I think I'm going to stick with it. The old one, the body was just too narrow, and didn't really work to post videos in, plus it made my posts look ridiculously long that some people just decided to send me an email and tell me that.

On a similar note, I'm very pleased with how well this blog is being received. I've gotten compliments via email, in person, via the comments sections. I'm kind of impressed and surprised. According to Analytics, I'm averaging 60-80 hits per day, netting on average about 2,100 hits per month. Just over 6 months in, and already getting some good press. Hopefully, I'm doing something right...

No comments: