Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Recognition

So my aforementioned "life" has kept my hockey reading to a minimum, and although I knew some of this stuff, I never really had the time to write a post about it, and since I have time during my lunch hour today, I figured 3 posts on an otherwise boring Tuesday is enough to keep you guys reading.

Senior forward Brandon Knelsen was featured in the CCHA's 10x3 feature this week.

Sophomore goaltender Scott Greenham was named the RBC Financial Group CCHA Player of the Month for October after being named goalie of the week twice over the first four weeks of the season. On a similar note, Scott tied a mark set by former Nanook goaltender Keith Bartusch (2001-05), who was 6-0-3 in his first nine starts. After his 20-save performance in Alaska’s 3-2 (OT) win against Ferris State, Scott improved his career record to 8-0-2, making him the first Alaska goaltender in the Nanook's 30 year history to go undefeated in his first 10 career starts.

Although Michigan State's rookie Derek Grant received the CCHA RBC Rookie of the Month honor, the honorable mention went to Nanook freshman Andy Taranto.

No comments: