Monday, March 8, 2010

Nanooks In The News

Nanooks moved up in the polls this week after a sweep of Western Michigan.

INCH: 11
USA Today: 12
USCHO: 12

Andy Taranto was also announced as the only unanimous selection to the CCHA All-Rookie team. Andy was named CCHA CCM Rookie of the Week 3 times this season, as well as two CCHA rookie of the month honors, as well as two HCA NCAA Division I National Rookie of the Month honors. Freshman forward Nik Yaremchuk was listed as an honorable mention. I was hoping Kaare Odegard would at least get a mention, as he finished with just 5 points, but finished the season at +11, the highest among all Alaska defenseman, worthy of a spot, at least I thought. Check out CCHA's press release.

I'll have a post after the season is over, analyzing all of our rookies, as well as a end of the season report card. Here's to hoping our season doesn't end any time soon...

3 comments:

Amanda M said...

"Here's to hoping our season does end any time soon... "


Ahhhhh fix it fix it fix it!!!

Britton said...

ARGH! I hate when I make mistakes...

Amanda M said...

Especially ones that are so critically different like that one LOL