Saturday, November 3, 2012

Game Day - Nanooks vs. Lakers, Round 2


Game Center

Alaska Nanooks vs. Lake Superior State Lakers
11/3 7:05PM - Carlson Center, Fairbanks, AK

Live Video ($7) - AmericaOne Sports
Live Internet Radio - Bruce Cech - 820sports.com
Live Stats - alaskananooks.com
Twitter (@NanookHockey)


Tonight the Nanooks look to complete their first sweep of the final CCHA season. As I alluded to last night, I'm hoping the Nanooks can put pressure on like they did early in the first period, but it should be a battle. Coach West alluded in the post-game presser last night that Lake State forces you to earn what you get, which is very true. But the Nanooks are the same way. If it weren't for that bounce last night in the first period, Cahill would have had his first collegiate shutout.

I haven't seen the lines yet today, but I would expect that Cahill goes again tonight. I thought he played really well last night, and deserves another start. I know it's gotta be hard on a guy like Steve Thompson, but while standing on your head and taking out two tough teams in Merrimack and North Dakota, then allowing 6 goals against Ferris State it's kind of hard to have confidence as a coach in that situation. 

As I said, it should be a battle tonight. But I think the Nanooks have the better team and should come out on top with a better offense and special teams. But we won't know until the final buzzer. Until then, go 'Nooks! See you all tonight at the Carlson Center.

No comments: